Totally Spain is the trading name for Totally Spain ltd. The following Booking
Conditions form the basis of your contract with Totally Spain Ltd. Please read them
carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
PAYING FOR YOUR HOLIDAY
- A contract will come into effect between the client and Totally Spain Ltd on receipt
of a completed Booking Form and deposit of 200 Euros for each person travelling (300 euro
total deposit for Self Catering). A binding contract comes into existence when we issue a
confirmation invoice or confirm the booking as definite to you or your travel agent. All
holidays are subject to availability. If a booking cannot be confirmed, the deposit will
be returned. The balance is due 8 weeks before departure. Where the holiday cost is less
than 200 euros per person, or a booking is made within 8 weeks of departure, a reservation
is secured upon receipt of a completed booking form and the total holiday cost. If we do not
receive all payments in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as
cancelled in which case cancellation charges will be payable.
- A charge of 30 euros will be made if a client's cheque has to be re-presented to their bank.
- Reservations made by agents and private groups are subject to these Booking Conditions.
If payment is made to an agent this is held on behalf of, and forms the basis of your contract
with, Totally Spain Ltd.
· Please check your confirmation documents carefully upon receipt. Contact us immediately
if any information is incorrect. It may not be possible to make changes later.
- Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests onto the relevant supplier,
we regret we cannot promise that any request will be complied with unless we have
specifically confirmed this in writing. We do not accept the fulfillment of "special
requests" as a condition for booking with us or as a reason for cancellation, refund
PRICE OF YOUR TRIP
- We guarantee that the price of your holiday will not be subject to any surcharges
once a booking has been confirmed. We reserve the right to increase or decrease our
prices at any time until the cost of your chosen holiday has been confirmed.
- We accept responsibility for ensuring the holiday you book with us is supplied
as described in this brochure and services offered reach a reasonable standard. If
any part of your contracted holiday arrangements is not provided as promised, we will
pay you appropriate compensation if this has reasonably affected the enjoyment of your
holiday. We accept responsibility for the acts and/or omissions of our employees, agents,
suppliers and sub-contractors (providing they were at the time carrying out work
authorised by us) except where death, injury or illness result.
- Please note that Totally Spain cannot accept responsibility for any loss of enjoyment
due to failure to read information supplied by Totally Spain or for any loss or damage
to your luggage or personal property. Liability for any other loss, damage, inconvenience,
delay, illness, fatal or other injury suffered by you as a result of making a reservation
with us when it can be shown that Totally Spain is in breach of its contractual or other
legal duty is accepted to the extent of direct losses but Totally Spain will not be liable
for any special, indirect or consequential loss.
- In the event of you accepting any payment from Totally Spain, where it involves
responsibility of a third party, this will be made on condition that you assign your rights
to us to claim in your place, and fully cooperate if we wish to enforce those rights.
· Force Majeure: We cannot accept liability or pay compensation where the performance of
our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by "force majeure".
- In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure"means any event we or the supplier of
the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such
events may include war or threat or war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial
dispute, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside
IF YOU ALTER YOUR BOOKING
- If you find it necessary to make an alteration to your booking that involves a
change to your invoice (e.g. Transfer to a different holiday, change the dates of your
departure or change the accommodation requested) once the booking has been confirmed by
Totally Spain, the Company will do its best to accommodate your changes, which must be
specified in writing. However, an amendment fee of 50 euros per person will be made to
cover the necessary administration costs incurred.
- For amendments made within 8 weeks of departure, the Company may become liable to
pay its suppliers (hotels, etc.) cancellation fees, so, in addition to amendment fees,
the cancellation charges set out below may be charged on a pro rata basis for each day
involving an amendment. If, after the holiday commences, you decide to change your holiday
in any way (e.g. change accommodation or duration of stay) Totally Spain cannot accept
liability for any loss, damage or additional expense and no refund will be made.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
- You have the option to cancel a holiday, which must be exercised in writing by
the person who signed the booking form.
- If you exercise your option to cancel your holiday, the following fees expressed
as a percentage of the total holiday cost will apply from the date prior to the date of
your departure that your written cancellation is received.
- More than 56 days before departure: Deposit only
29-56 days: 40% or deposit if greater
15-28 days: 50% or deposit if greater
08-14 days: 70% or deposit if greater
0 - 7 days or less: Full cost of the holiday
- Cancellation fees are in many instances reclaimable (less the applicable excess)
with the terms of your insurance policy.
- Cancellation of individual travellers detailed on the booking form will in addition
to cancellation fees mean re-invoicing the remaining travellers at prices correct for the
new party size.
- Please note that if the accommodation or car hire reserved is not used once the
holiday has begun, there is no refund available no matter what is stated by the local
hotel or car hire management.
IF WE CANCEL OR ALTER YOUR BOOKING
- We reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in our brochure and
other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed. However, we promise
we will not cancel your confirmed booking less than 8 weeks before the scheduled departure
unless you have failed to make all payments due in full and on time or we are forced to do
so as a result of "force majeure".
- In the event of any alteration to the agreed itinerary prior to departure we will
make every effort to offer a suitable alternative. Most changes are minor and we will
inform you as soon as possible. If we must make a significant change (a change of hotel
or other accommodation or a change of outward or return ferry port to one which is
significantly more inconvenient for you) and there is time to do so before departure, we
will offer you the choice of the following options:
· accepting the changed arrangements or
· purchasing an alternative holiday from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available (if the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will ask you to pay the difference) or
· cancelling your reservation and receive a full refund of your deposit and any sum that you have paid to Totally Spain which shall constitute a full settlement.
- Please note, the above options are not available when the change is a minor one or where
we make a significant change or cancel more than eight weeks before departure.
- Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" to change or terminate your holiday
after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. (During the trip we reserve
the right, if we consider it necessary, for any reason and at any time to alter an itinerary
according to weather, force majeure, or other considerations). This is extremely unlikely
but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless
we obtain any refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or
expenses you incur as a result.
- Ferry, Flight, Coach, Train, any transport schedule information provided by us on
this website is for guidance purposes only and may be subject to alteration without prior
notice. It is the responsibility of all clients to re-confirm any travel arrangements they
have made. Notwithstanding this, Totally Spain will make all efforts to inform clients of
any changes we become aware or, priuor to them travelling.
- Totally Spain reserves the right to cancel a booking without any obligation to refund
or make alternative arrangements, where customers fail to make payment, or otherwise the
client's behaviour brings the holiday to an end. (If the holiday is cancelled due to your
failure to pay the final balance, we reserve the right to recover by any appropriate means
unpaid monies due to us.)
- The Company also reserves the right, for any reason or at any time, to decline to
accept, or to retain, any person as a client particularly if their conduct is disruptive
and affecting the enjoyment of other participants of the trip, and we shall be under no
liability for any costs incurred by such a person as a result of us doing so.
INSURANCE, PASSPORT, VISA AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
- Please note that adequate travel insurance (including medical, personal accident
and repatriation in the event of illness, baggage, money and liability cover as well as
loss of monies paid in the event of cancellation) is a condition of booking. A full
passport is required. Non EC residents should also check visa requirements with their
consulate. There are no compulsory health formalities at time of printing this brochure.
- If participating in extreme sports or activities where there is a greater level of risk
involved, it is also a condition of booking that your insurance covers this.
COMPLAINTS AND ARBITRATION
- In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any
problems with your holiday whilst away, you must immediately inform the hotel manager,
local car hire representative or other supplier of the services in question. If they
cannot immediately resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you must also contact
our office. The telephone and fax numbers of our office can be found on your itinerary,
vouchers, and confirmation/invoices. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot
begin to resolve it. Most problems can be dealt with quickly. If you remain dissatisfied,
however, you must write to us within 28 days of the end of the holiday giving full details
of your complaint. We will not be responsible for complaints made to us more than one month
after your holiday, or if you have not followed the procedures set out above.
- Both the traveller and the organising Agency expressly agree to submit any claims,
which may arise from the performance of the services to the Courts and Tribunals of Spain,
and renounce any other jurisdiction.
- We have taken the greatest care in the preparation of the information on this website.
There may however, be occasions when a facility mentioned is either modified or temporarily
unavailable due to maintenance or local weather conditions. Museums, art galleries and
historic buildings or part of same can be closed due to maintenance work, industrial dispute
or local holidays. These are circumstances outside our control. When we are advised of such
circumstances we will of course pass on this information to you as soon as possible, however,
we cannot accept responsibility for such circumstances.
- Where pictures of bedrooms are shown, this does not mean that every bedroom at the
property will be exactly the same. Individual requests for special beds or specific views
etc. are on request only and are not guaranteed unless confirmed by us in writing.