For details of Spanish festivals and fiestas around Spain, simple click on the month or date that interests you.
- 27-1 - Las Cruces (Cordoba. Andalusia)
A one day festival dedicated to the Holy Cross
- 2-13 - Festival de los Patios Cordobeses (Cordoba. Andalusia)
A full week dedicated to decorate and enjoy the many beautiful patios (courtyards) of the city. There is a contest for best-decorated patio.
- 6-12 - Feria del Caballo (Jerez de la Frontera. Andalusia)
Horse Fair featuring riding exhibitions, contests and livestock show. Horse-lovers from all over the world meet here each year
- 11-19 - Temps de Flors (Girona. Barcelona - Catalonia)
The Girona, temps de flors (flower season) show is held in Girona's Barri Vell neighbourhood, filling the city spectacular floral displays for a few days.
- 12-16 - San Isidro (MADRID. Madrid)
San Isidro, the Patron Saint of the capital is the world's largest bullfight festival. With normal bullfights and “rejoneo” (horseback bullfights). Concerts, performances, street entertainment and open-air parties in the streets of Madrid complete the festivity.
- 12 - Santo Domingo (SANTO DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA. Rioja)
Declared of National Tourist Interest. Festivity in honour of the town's patron saint, St. Dominic (12 May). The festivities last a week.
- 18-25 - Feria de Cordoba (Cordoba. Andalusia)
Similar to the Feria in Sevilla. Main fiesta in Cordoba with music, flamenco, dancing, etc.
- 19 - Romeria del Rocio (Almonte. Andalusia)
The Rocio pilgrimage is Spain's most famous annual pilgrimage. Scores of pilgrims in traditional Andalusian dress, travelling in garlanded covered wagons or on horseback, descend upon the Almonte shrine en masse.
(From Sevilla to Almonte in Huelva. Andalucia)
- 20 - Lunes de Pentecostes (Miranda de Ebro. Castilla Leon)
Whit Monday fiesta in honour of St. John, marked by a parade, music and a pilgrimage to the saint's hermitage, on foot or in gaily coloured wagons.
- 29 - El Rocio (Seville. Andalusia)
- 30 - Corpus Christi (CADIZ. Andalusia)
A 300-year-old rite, in which a colorfully clad demon chases the village children and, by leaping over a mattress bearing babies born during the year, is thought to safeguard them from ill health.
- 30 - Corpus Christi in Toledo (Toledo. Extremadura & Castilla La Mancha)
Toledo's renowned Corpus Christi celebration is marked by a solemn morning procession.
© Totally Spain S.L.
with the Spain travel and
Specialists. Your resource for quality travel in