Uncover the secrets of Spanish Jamon on a private day excursion from Seville to the Sierra de Aracena with our expert private driver-guide, as part of your private custom trip to Spain.
- Fascinating day excursion in the company of a charming driver-guide who will meet you at your hotel in Seville.
- Travel to the Sierra of Aracena in the province of Huelva, a mountainous area north-west of Seville where the cherished Iberian pigs are reared, and which provide the finest hams in the world. Hams that are cured in the mountain air for up to 3 years and are considered by many to be the jewel in the crown of Spanish gastronomy.
- Visit a typical Andalusian farm and see how and where the pigs are bred. Then inspect the installations of one of the best ham producers in the village of Jabugo, a synonym in Spain for quality ham. A fascinating expert guide will explain the processes involved and you will sample the ham accompanied by the best fino.
- Then head to the charming town of Aracena where you enjoy a specially prepared gourmet lunch at one of the best restaurants in town featuring the finest local produce - cheese, ham, mushrooms, pork from the Iberian pig, wild asparagus, artichokes and other fresh, seasonal produce - accompanied by regional wine ; and end with a tasty local dessert.
- Later have time for to stroll in Aracena before being driven back to your hotel in Seville.
DEPARTURE DAYS & TIMES
This excursion can be arranged, as part of a complete private custom Spain trip, on any day from Monday to Saturday except public holidays.
You only need to let your Totally Spain agent know and we can work an experience like this in to your itinerary, as part of your very own custom private tour in Spain.
YOUR PERFECT TAILOR MADE TRIP STARTS HERE!
Obligation free proposal.
Response within 48hrs
Belen, we were thrilled with the arrangements you made for us. As you know, this was our first trip with individual drivers and guides and recommended hotels. Things went very smoothly and stress free. The pace was good in general.
Dick and Sue Kellogg, Camp Sherman, OR, USA
More reviews >>